Re: [PBML] How to create file

  • Jeff 'japhy' Pinyan
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 18, 2005
      On Oct 18, qasumit said:

      > Is there any function to create the file in PERL.
      > B'coz I am not able to create the file using OPEN function during the
      > execution time of script.

      If you don't have permissions to create a file in your program using
      open(), you most likely can't create a file in any OTHER way from your
      program.

      Is this being run from the web? That would explain why you can't create
      files -- most web servers are configured so that the 'nobody' user (which
      is who CGI programs are executed as) can't create files.

      --
      Jeff "japhy" Pinyan % How can we ever be the sold short or
      RPI Acacia Brother #734 % the cheated, we who for every service