Re: [PBML] Perl Time out

  • Gilles Beauregard
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 6, 2005
      Allo!

      I received the following mesage from the support:

      The resource limits are the the following:

      RLimitMEM 157286400 157286400
      RLimitCPU 60 60

      The server seem to be to busy, because, my site are not very busy.

      Gilles B.

      ---
      Webmasters helping webmasters
      http://www.balour.org/
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 7, 2005

        Gilles> Allo!
        Gilles> I have numerous "Premature end of script headers:"
        Gilles> for perl script.

        Gilles> Usually, I don't have problem with the same script, but
        Gilles> sometime, the script abort before the end, and return an error 500.

        What does the error log say?

        If the error log says only "Premature end of headers",
        use this in your program and retry:

        BEGIN { print "content-type: text/html\n\n" }

        Put it near the top. It will add an *extra* header very early
        so that you can be sure the server and browser are happy.

        Of course, this duplicates the header that will come out later from
        your code, so remove it when your debugging is finished.

      • Gilles Beauregard
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 7, 2005
          Allo!

          >Gilles> Allo!
          >Gilles> I have numerous "Premature end of script headers:"
          >Gilles> for perl script.

          It's seem to be a problem with the ressource available at the server.
          The support send the following:

          > RLimitMEM 157286400 157286400
          > RLimitCPU 60 60

          Is this limit is at the site, ID or server level?

          Because I have the same set of scripts install under the same
          reseller account, but
          for different domain, and I don't received any error 500 for the others site.

          The support tell me to upgraded to a better more expensive package to
          cure the problem.

          Gilles B.

          ---