Re: [PBML] need help for testing perl application

  • Damien Carbery
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 28, 2005
      --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, Ankur Katare <ankur.katare@g...>
      wrote:
      > i am not able to understand this thing. can u plaase me the step by
      stop
      > procedure for this.
      >

      > Adrian Howard wrote:
      >

      > > On 28 Sep 2005, at 10:26, Ankur Katare wrote:
      > >

      > > > Hi all
      > > >
      > > > i want to test perl web based application. please give me some
      idea
      > > > how
      > > > to do unit test on this application.
      > > > if any budy has some idia of tools then they can give some idea.
      > > > and how we can perlunit for testing.
      > > >
      > > > Ankur
      > > >

      > > Take a look at:
      > > - Test::WWW::Mechanize
      > > - HTTP::Recorder & WWW::Mechanize
      > >
      > > Cheers,
      > >
      > > Adrian

      Read the documentation:
      http://search.cpan.org/~petdance/Test-WWW-Mechanize-1.06/Mechanize.pm
      http://search.cpan.org/~leira/HTTP-Recorder-0.05/lib/HTTP/Recorder.pm
      http://search.cpan.org/~petdance/WWW-Mechanize-1.1
      4/lib/WWW/Mechanize.pm
      Then read it again.

      Experiment with simple pages to understand how the modules work.
      You can search the web (e.g. http://groups.google.com) for info,
      examples and notes on these modules.

      If you are stuck then come back here and ask *specific* questions,
      describing the steps you've tried and including the code you've
      written.

      It may end up being easier to do the edits manually.