Re: [PBML] good practice?

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 21, 2005

      Randal> Please don't tell people to turn off "use strict". If they knew
      Randal> what "use strict" was doing for them, they'd also know enough
      Randal> to turn it off when they needed to do that.

      To elaborate, here's an analogy of what you just said:

      Question: I can't cook my turkey in my microwave all at once...
      it's too big!

      My answer: That's usually not what the microwave is for. Can you
      elaborate on your question, so we can understand what you're
      doing?

      Your answer: If you remove the hinges from the microwave door, and
      shove a piece of metal into the door-open detector, the microwave
      will run even with the turkey hanging outside. Hope this helps!

      See how dangerous that is?

      NEVER turn off strict. Until you are very clear about the very few
      times when you would want that. And *this* is most likely not one of
      them.