Re: [PBML] sendmail bounces

  • tomroth@wfubmc.edu
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2001
      > Kul wrote:
      >
      > Hi tom,
      > What paremeters you using when you invoke sendmail ? Have a quick
      > vist to http://www.sendmail.org/ they will have the upto date list (i dont),
      > but you can force sendmail to bounce wherever you choose (ie stop this
      > re-writing), but cant remember the parameter off hand !

      Here's the portion of the script below. I tried adding a "-f" but that
      resulting in it sending no mail at all. I think the server admin has
      this locked down pretty good. I'll take a look around sendmail.org
      though and see if there's anything there that might help me.

      open(MAIL,"|$mailprog -t");
      print MAIL "To: $email\n";
      print MAIL "Bcc: $stafmail\n";
      print MAIL "From: $stafmail\n";
      print MAIL "Subject: $subject\n";
      print MAIL "$body";
      close (MAIL);

      I tried adding the header

      print MAIL "Return-Path: $stafmail\n";

      but it gets rewritten. Other headers I tried were

      print MAIL "Reply-To: $stafmail\n";
      print MAIL "Bounce-To: $stafmail\n";

      These showed up as I had written them but they didn't work for bounces
      as the Return-Path header was still at the top. From what I've read
      thus far, the Return-Path header gets added last by the Sendmail program.

      --
      Tom Roth • tomroth@... • tel 336.716.4493
      Wake Forest University School of Medicine