Re: [PBML] rmdir- how to get rid of the leftover empty folder

  • Suraj Jacob
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 29, 2005
      maybe because your pwd is that directory...maybe because you are only
      deleting files of type f, not d
      we need your code snippet to analyse...

      susan_lty wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > This is susan, and I am a new member to this yahoogroups. :) This is
      > my very first post, please forgive me if I say anything wrong here. I
      > really appreciate any helps u guys can give.
      >
      > This is my question,
      > I was trying to search a specific file type, *. dat in a directory and
      > all its subdirectories. Whenever the program finds the *.dat, it needs
      > to delete the folder contains the following file.
      >
      > My program is able to detect the specific folder's name hold that kind
      > of files and deleted all the contents in the folder, but I can't get
      > rid of the leftover empty folder. I am not sure why this would happen.
      >
      > Please advice me and let me know what mistakes I had made. Thanks.
      >
      > Susan.
      >

      > Unsubscribing info is here:

      http://www.rhythm.com/~suraj <http://www.rhythm.com/%7Esuraj>
      Everything is more simple than we think they are!
    • Jenda Krynicky
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 29, 2005
        From: jabir ahmed <jabirahmed@...>
        > could u post a snippet of ur code.
        >
        > jabir

        - Because it's backwards!
        - Why is that?
        - Because it's hard to read.
        - Why?
        - Please, don't top post!

        > On 8/29/05, susan_lty <susan_lty@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > <original post snipped>
        > >
        > > Unsubscribing info is here:
        > > http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/groups-32.html

        > > - Visit your group
        > > <rest of the cruft snipped>

        There is no point in keeping the footers of the message you are
        replying to. Trim the original message, keep only the relevant parts
        and put your reply below each part you are replying to. Please!

        And please watch your spelling. It's "you", not "u" and "your" not
        "ur". And by the way the first letter in a sentence is supposed to be
        capitalized.

        Jenda
        -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery