[PBML] Re: Opening Webpages in Perl

  • Dan Boger
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2000
      On Thu, 09 Mar 2000 10:45:23 -0800 "One" <b222b@...> wrote
      concerning '[PBML] Opening Webpages in Perl':
      > Hi and thanks for any help in advance :)
      >
      > I am an experienced programmer...but a Perl novice...and put simply I
      > was wondering how I could open a web page given the URL for the purpose
      > of parsing the HTML.
      >
      > I understand that this is a general question lacking detail, but any
      > help would be appreciated :)

      it's quite simple actually...

      use LWP::Simple;

      $page = get("http://www.lugnet.com");

      look at the man page for LWP::Simple. I'm not sure if it's in the
      default distribution of perl, or you have to get it from CPAN
      (libwww).

      Dan
    • Gordon Stewart
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 16 9:17 AM
        <an old message - in March>
        --- In perl-beginner@egroups.com, Dan Boger <dan@g...> wrote:

        > it's quite simple actually...
        >
        > use LWP::Simple;
        >
        > $page = get("http://www.lugnet.com");

        Hmm - Ive loaded my Modules into the CGI directory of my site - and
        it
        worked (giving error messages re what new module(s) I needed.

        Now - ive donev that - & my 'main' cgi programme wont work at all now.
        - Ive tried to copy the above.

        Can anyone spot any errors ?

        http://lostnfound/netfirms.com/eg/enter1.cgi (text of cgi )

        just take out the cgi name to run it - enter any word you like.

        Gordon.