Re: recommended book for (modern) perl?

  • acummingsus
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 7, 2005
      --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "gabor1023" <gabor@z...> wrote:
      > hi,
      >
      > i'm a programmer mostly using python/java.
      >
      > i'd like to learn perl...

      This Perl can pack some big punch in a short amount of code especially
      when using for text processing.

      Short code may not always be the goal though.

      > what books do you recommend?

      http://www.theperlreview.com/

      and, an article that references same:
      http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/7232

      It's time to renew my subscription. I've been a subscriber for a year now.

      They feature book reviews and also code style helps/articles. And more
      ie recent news happenings Perl related and more.

      I *thrive* on seeing the next issue be released. I could never get too
      many issues of that magazine.

      (P.S. I've no affiliation. I'm just a fan/subscriber).

      Alan.