About , <@array> .. basically angle-brackets

  • Sreeram B S
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2005
      Hi,
      I have one question about the delimiter for the item in the angle brackets ( <> ).
      For eg, when we use <STDIN>, the delimiter is the newline. ie if we give $line = <STDIN>, then, we get whatever data an user enters until he hits the ENTER key.
      Is it possible to configure this delimiter to some other character, other than newline-character? If yes, kindly suggest how it can be done.
      For eg, if I want the delimiter to be comma (,) ie $line should accept everything until the user enters the comma and proceed with processing it, then what should be my approach.

      Kindly help.

      Thanks,
      Sreeram