Re: CPAN

  • Damien Carbery
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2001
      I wonder could you use:
      Start PPM and type:
      set repository CPAN http://www.perl.com/CPAN
      set save

      I couldn't find the default repository in any of the Perl binaries or
      scripts in the PERL\BIN directory or in the registry. I'm curious
      where it is stored.

      --- In perl-beginner@y..., "Charles K. Clarkson" <c_clarkson@h...>
      wrote:

      > I found a module I want on http://www.perl.com/CPAN.
      > I tried using PPM to get it. The module is List::Util. I realize
      > I can download it manually, but I'd like to know how to get
      > PPM to point to http://www.perl.com/CPAN. I tried using
      > set repository CPAN //http://www.perl.com/CPAN.
      > PPM just says it can't find a PPD file for List-Util.
      > Active-Perl doesn't show a CPAN site in the FAQ. Can
      > some one help?
      >
      > TIA,
      > Charles K. Clarkosn
    • Doug Wells
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2001
        The repository path, and other config information is
        stored in a file called ppm.xml...

        --- Damien Carbery <daymobrew@...> wrote:
        > I wonder could you use:
        > Start PPM and type:
        > set repository CPAN http://www.perl.com/CPAN
        > set save
        >

        > I couldn't find the default repository in any of the
        > Perl binaries or
        > scripts in the PERL\BIN directory or in the
        > registry. I'm curious
        > where it is stored.
        >
        > --- In perl-beginner@y..., "Charles K. Clarkson"
        > <c_clarkson@h...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > I found a module I want on
        > http://www.perl.com/CPAN.
        > > I tried using PPM to get it. The module is
        > List::Util. I realize
        > > I can download it manually, but I'd like to know
        > how to get
        > > PPM to point to http://www.perl.com/CPAN. I tried
        > using
        > > set repository CPAN //http://www.perl.com/CPAN.
        > > PPM just says it can't find a PPD file for
        > List-Util.
        > > Active-Perl doesn't show a CPAN site in the FAQ.
        > Can
        > > some one help?
        > >
        > > TIA,
        > > Charles K. Clarkosn

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
      • Christopher Mooney
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 29, 2001
          Hello all.

          I'm pretty familiar with Perl, but i'm completely new
          to CPAN.

          I tried installing the GD module, but gcc errored out
          saying "cannot find -lttf". I installed a freetype
          rpm, but that only gives me 'libttf.so', not
          'libttf.a', which apparently is the file i need.

          I also tried installing several Bundles, but they gave me
          errors similar to this one:

          "Couldn't find a Bundle file in
          /root/.cpan/build/Bundle-WWW-Search-1.04 at
          /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/CPAN.pm line 1837"

          And finally, is there a way, in the interactive CPAN shell,
          to "less" or "more" the output of a command?

          thanks!
          christopher

          --
          ***************************