[PBML] Re: write to file

  • Damien Carbery
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 28, 2001
      Do you get the 'die' message?

      You could change the 'die' call to:
      die "Cannot open hello.txt. $?: $!";
      This will print an error code and error message which may be helpful.

      Someone else wrote about what directories have to exist (and their
      permissions) in order for you to open a file there.
      You may want to create these directories in your script if they don't
      already exist. I suggest the File::Path module and the mkpath()
      function.

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/