multiple files to be launched

  • neelam
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 26 11:24 PM
      hi everybody
      i have a problem in which i have 3 files
      file1 have three values x y z
      file2 have 3 values b n m
      file3 have 3 values l k j
      i have to lauch the files which is formed by the
      combinations of these values i.e 18 files here
      i donot know how to launch 18 files at a time.

      eagerly waiting for reply
      neelam

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Offer Kaye
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 26 11:36 PM
        On 4/27/05, neelam wrote:

        > i donot know how to launch 18 files at a time.

        What do you mean "launch"? Do you mean "open"?
        There is no real problem opening 18 filehandles manually, except for
        the "manual" part :-)
        You can use IO::File to make life a little easier. Read "perldoc
        IO::File" from your command line, online at:
        http://perldoc.perl.org/IO/File.html

        --
        Offer Kaye
      • neelam
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 26 11:52 PM
          sorry for not mentioning launch properly
          i want to create 18 files in the same program so that
          each file paseess one combinatin like file_created1
          contains
          x b l
          2nd file have other combination and so on

          neelam

          --- Offer Kaye <offer.kaye@...> wrote:
          > On 4/27/05, neelam wrote:
          > >
          > > i donot know how to launch 18 files at a time.
          > >

          > What do you mean "launch"? Do you mean "open"?
          > There is no real problem opening 18 filehandles
          > manually, except for
          > the "manual" part :-)
          > You can use IO::File to make life a little easier.
          > Read "perldoc
          > IO::File" from your command line, online at:
          > http://perldoc.perl.org/IO/File.html
          >
          > --
          > Offer Kaye

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        • Offer Kaye
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 27 1:46 AM
            On 4/27/05, neelam wrote:

            > sorry for not mentioning launch properly
            > i want to create 18 files in the same program so that
            > each file paseess one combinatin like file_created1
            > contains
            > x b l
            > 2nd file have other combination and so on

            # @file_names is an array of file names
            # %data_per_file is a hash with file names as keys and data per file as values
            for (@file_names) {
            open(OUT,">$_") or die "Couldn't open $_ for writing: $!\n";
            print OUT "$data_per_file{$_}\n";
            close(OUT) or die "Couldn't close $_ after writing: $!\n";
            }

            HTH,
            --
            Offer Kaye
          • neelam
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 27 1:52 AM
              thanks offer kaye
              but i have never used hashes
              hence to understand what u have coded is a bit
              difficult .i will read it and try it aand will reply
              u after that

              neelam

              --- Offer Kaye <offer.kaye@...> wrote:
              > On 4/27/05, neelam wrote:
              > >
              > > sorry for not mentioning launch properly
              > > i want to create 18 files in the same program so
              > that
              > > each file paseess one combinatin like
              > file_created1
              > > contains
              > > x b l
              > > 2nd file have other combination and so on
              > >

              > # @file_names is an array of file names
              > # %data_per_file is a hash with file names as keys
              > and data per file as values
              > for (@file_names) {
              > open(OUT,">$_") or die "Couldn't open $_ for
              > writing: $!\n";
              > print OUT "$data_per_file{$_}\n";
              > close(OUT) or die "Couldn't close $_ after
              > writing: $!\n";
              > }
              >
              > HTH,
              > --
              > Offer Kaye

              Make Yahoo! your home page
              http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
            • Paul Archer
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 27 5:06 AM
                Smells like homework time again.

                Yesterday, neelam wrote:

                > hi everybody
                > i have a problem in which i have 3 files
                > file1 have three values x y z
                > file2 have 3 values b n m
                > file3 have 3 values l k j
                > i have to lauch the files which is formed by the
                > combinations of these values i.e 18 files here
                > i donot know how to launch 18 files at a time.
                >
                > eagerly waiting for reply
                > neelam

                echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq'|dc
                (It's safe)