Re: [PBML] Searchable Online Documentation

  • Offer Kaye
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 5 1:19 PM
      On Apr 5, 2005 9:58 PM, Gavin Henry wrote:

      > The new site is now:
      >
      > http://perldoc.perl.org

      Specifically, you can get to a Perl topic page (e.g. perlsyn) using the format:
      http://perldoc.perl.org/topicname.html
      E.g.:
      http://perldoc.perl.org/perlsyn.html

      For functions, add "functions/" to the base URL, followed by the
      function name and the ".html" extension, e.g:
      http://perldoc.perl.org/functions/join.html

      If you use Firefox, I find these 3 quick searches handy:
      "pd" is the keyword to the quicksearch:
      http://perldoc.perl.org/%s.html
      "pdf" is the keyword to the quicksearch:
      http://perldoc.perl.org/functions/%s.html
      "pdg" is the keyword to the quicksearch:
      http://www.google.com/search?q=%s+site%3Aperldoc.perl.org+-filetype%3Apdf
      (if any of the above URLs fold, copy-paste to one line)

      So I can type "pdf join" and jump right to the join function perldoc
      page, or "pdg hash" and get a Google search for the word "hash" on
      perldoc.perl.org, with PDF files excluded.
      Firefox rocks :-)

      Cheers,
      --
      Offer Kaye