Re: Remote PC OS info

  • Damien Carbery
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2005
      --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, Renu <renukabhat@y...> wrote:
      > Hi All,
      >
      > Can anybody tell me how can i get the OS information of a remote
      machine using Perl.?

      > Thanks and Regards
      > Renu

      I am going to assume that you are dealing with Unix/Linux machines
      because you don't state otherwise.
      Maybe use Net::Telnet to log into the remote machine and run the
      appropriate commands to get information.

      If I have assumed wrong please provide more information:
      - OS of client and remote computers
      - Type of info that you want
      - What things you have tried so far e.g. what Google searches you've done.