Remote PC OS info

  • Renu
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2005
      Hi All,

      Can anybody tell me how can i get the OS information of a remote machine using Perl.?

      Thanks and Regards
      Renu

    • Damien Carbery
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2005
        --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, Renu <renukabhat@y...> wrote:
        > Hi All,
        >
        > Can anybody tell me how can i get the OS information of a remote
        machine using Perl.?

        > Thanks and Regards
        > Renu

        I am going to assume that you are dealing with Unix/Linux machines
        because you don't state otherwise.
        Maybe use Net::Telnet to log into the remote machine and run the
        appropriate commands to get information.

        If I have assumed wrong please provide more information:
        - OS of client and remote computers
        - Type of info that you want
        - What things you have tried so far e.g. what Google searches you've done.