Re: [PBML] module help

  • Luinrandir Hernsen
    Message 1 of 42 , Mar 4, 2005
      Thanks Jenda
      You've been a real help...
      Lou
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Jenda Krynicky
      To: perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 9:24 AM
      Subject: Re: [PBML] module help

      From: "Luinrandir Hernsen" <Luinrandir@...>
      > My intent is to make packages that write HTML for each area of my
      > game.
      >
      > My program really does nothing more than
      > read/write to a file, and give options in a story/game format.
      >
      > My question is whats the difference between a package and a module
      > when it comes to memory and processer time..

      None.

      As you say yourself, computers are quick and getting quicker so the
      difference even if there was some would not be important. What is
      important is the developer's time, the maintainability and
      reusability.

      Jenda
      -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery

      Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Scot Robnett
      Message 42 of 42 , Mar 6, 2005
        There are different types of learners. This is why our (in my opinion)
        antiquated school system works well for only about 30% of students -
        "linear" learners thrive in an absorb and regurgitate environment.

        Personally, I prefer a combination of organizational and hands-on learning.
        In other words, give me an outline, show me how to do it a couple of times,
        then let me at it. If I read it in a book, I may ace the test tomorrow, but
        I'll fail it next month unless I've been applying what I learned.

        Others are more "stream of consciousness" and learn best in story form. Some
        of us learn better alone and others learn better in a group. Some need
        examples on a CD-R or in a help file. Some need a teacher to look over their
        shoulder once in awhile.

        The point is, every one of us has some form of "genius," so I don't place a
        whole lot of value on IQ (and mine isn't 170, but it's high enough that the
        Mensa organization wouldn't laugh at me). The key is to find the way in
        which you learn best, then put your effort into that. Sniping at people is a
        waste of your energy, and they'll more than likely return the fire.

        Scot R.
        inSite