perldoc help

  • roth.242@osu.edu
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9, 2005
      sorry my last post had the wrong email.....

      Has anyone used perldoc before? I can't understand how to run it. We
      have built some modules..below is an example of how I am trying to
      run it. Can someone let me know when I am doing wrong.

      perldoc -t Net|OSUFTP.pm|FTP_Medefinance.pl

      Thanks
      Scott Roth
      Systems Analyst
      Ohio State University Medical Center
      Scott.Roth@o...
    • Paul Archer
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 9, 2005
        6:11pm, roth.242@... wrote:

        > Has anyone used perldoc before? I can't understand how to run it. We
        > have built some modules..below is an example of how I am trying to
        > run it. Can someone let me know when I am doing wrong.
        >
        > perldoc -t Net|OSUFTP.pm|FTP_Medefinance.pl

        Well, unless you meant to pipe the output of a 'perldoc -t Net' to a program
        called OSUFTP.pm, and then to another program called FTP_Medefinance.pl,
        STOP USING PIPES!

        Start with 'perldoc perldoc'. Then try 'perldoc Net::OSUFTP'

        Paul

        # pwd
        /loony/bin