RE: [PBML] Multicast implementation in Perl

  • lakshmi.sailaja@wipro.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 8, 2005
      Thanks Paul.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Paul Archer [mailto:tigger@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 6:47 PM
      To: perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [PBML] Multicast implementation in Perl

      Start by learning a little more about compiling perl modules. Then get
      the
      module working on your own machine and make sure it does what you want.
      Then
      read about PAR, the Perl ARchiver, which will help you bundle the module
      so
      that you can give it to a client without them having to install the
      module.

      12:32pm, lakshmi.sailaja@... wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I would like to implement multicast functionality in Perl. I have
      found
      > the following IO:Socket:Multicast module in CPAN
      >
      > http://search.cpan.org/~lds/IO-Socket-Multicast-0.21/Multicast.pm
      >
      > But the above module contains Multicast.xs along with Multicast.pm.
      >
      > Since that the program I write, should be used by the client side, I
      do
      > not want to install the module. Hence I have created a folder called
      > "IO" under the project's working directory (projectfolder) and a
      > subfolder "Socket" under "IO". I then copied the Mulitcast.pm in the
      > folder projectfolder/IO/Socket.
      >
      > But since Mulitcast.pm requires Multicast.xs, I have copied
      Multicast.xs