Multicast

  • lakshmi.sailaja@wipro.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 4 1:56 AM
      Hello,

      I would like to implement multicast functionality in Perl. I have found
      the following IO:Socket:Multicast module in CPAN

      http://search.cpan.org/~lds/IO-Socket-Multicast-0.21/Multicast.pm

      But the above module contains Multicast.xs along with Multicast.pm.

      Since that the program I write, should be used by the client side, I do
      not want to install the module. Hence I have created a folder called
      "IO" under the project's working directory and a subfolder "Socket"
      under "IO". I then copied the Mulitcast.pm in the folder
      projectfolder/IO/Socket.

      But since Mulitcast.pm requires Multicast.xs, I have copied Multicast.xs
      also in the subfolder projectfolder/IO/Socket. But Mulitcast.xs doesn't
      seem to be a Perl file, hence, I am unable to compile it.

      Can anyone please tell me how can I can compile Multicast.xs and make
      the above prcodure work or if there is any other module which uses only
      a .pm file?

      Thanks for your time and response.

      Regards,
      Sailaja
    • Sarada
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 4 2:18 AM
        hi

        i am sarada
        may i know who r u r u from hyd

        --- lakshmi.sailaja@... wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > I would like to implement multicast functionality in
        > Perl. I have found
        > the following IO:Socket:Multicast module in CPAN

        http://search.cpan.org/~lds/IO-Socket-Multicast-0.21/Multicast.pm

        > But the above module contains Multicast.xs along
        > with Multicast.pm.
        >
        > Since that the program I write, should be used by
        > the client side, I do
        > not want to install the module. Hence I have created
        > a folder called
        > "IO" under the project's working directory and a
        > subfolder "Socket"
        > under "IO". I then copied the Mulitcast.pm in the
        > folder
        > projectfolder/IO/Socket.
        >
        > But since Mulitcast.pm requires Multicast.xs, I have
        > copied Multicast.xs
        > also in the subfolder projectfolder/IO/Socket. But
        > Mulitcast.xs doesn't
        > seem to be a Perl file, hence, I am unable to
        > compile it.
        >
        > Can anyone please tell me how can I can compile
        > Multicast.xs and make
        > the above prcodure work or if there is any other
        > module which uses only
        > a .pm file?
        >
        > Thanks for your time and response.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Sailaja

      • Jenda Krynicky
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 4 4:58 AM
          To: perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com
          From: Sarada <saradabhanuv@...>
          Date sent: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 10:18:20 +0000 (GMT)
          Subject: Re: [PBML] Multicast
          Send reply to: perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com

          > hi
          >
          > i am sarada
          > may i know who r u r u from hyd

          Do you feel cool kiddy? Or just can't be bothered with the shift key,
          punctuation and correct spelling?

          Besides, this is a programming related forum, not a chit-chat. It's
          irrelevant who is who or where is he/she from. If you have a Perl
          related question, ask, if you have an answer to someone's question,
          answer, otherwise please go chat elsewhere.

          And if you do not remember subscribing or want to unsubscribe, but
          don't know how, just send me an email and I'll take care of it.

          Jenda

          P.S.(to others): Yes, I am harsh. I hate l33t speak.
          -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery
        • Paul Archer
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 4 6:15 AM
            10:18am, Sarada wrote:

            > hi
            >
            > i am sarada
            > may i know who r u r u from hyd

            "r u" from the dead keyboard society?
            Take it off-list.

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 4 7:40 AM
              i am dhani from indonesia

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 5 1:58 AM
                Hello,

                That was a mistake from her side. Please respond to my query.

                Regards,
                Sailaja