"Malformed UTF-8 character" error in PERL

  • Gramya@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2005
      Hi
      I am getting an error in my perl code :

      Malformed UTF-8 character (unexpected continuation byte 0x92, with no
      preceding start byte) in require at majordomo.pl line 54.

      This happens when I add the following 3 lines:

      my $strRCHandle = DBI->connect($strRCDSN, $strUser, $strPass) or die "Can’t
      connect to the DB: $DBI::errstr\n";
      my $strQueryRCHandle = $strRCHandle->prepare("select FAQ_ID,Product_ID from
      TEST_RC ");
      $strQueryRCHandle->execute;