Re: [PBML] read file if there else create file question

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 19, 2004

      Luinrandir> open (WRITE, ">$_[0]")||DieNice3("Can't write to $_[0]");
      Luinrandir> flock (WRITE,2);

      I didn't read the rest of your post, but this is "closing
      the barn door after the horse has already left", as an english idiom. :)

      In other words, your flocking is too little, too late.

      You really need to read up on how to use flock properly if you're
      going to use it. Or, use one of the existing modules.