re: Extracting text from string

  • markev_123
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2004
      Let's say I have a string that contains the following textwhich could
      be any length.

      " Yyyy. 0 Xxxxxx. 00000"

      I tried using the substr() without any success. Bascially I want to
      extract everything after "Xxxxxx. " which could be more than 5 digits.

      Because the "0" after "Yyyy. " can be more than one digit I couldn't
      use the substr().

      Is there something in Perl similar to a string decombine or where I
      can tell it to search for "Xxxxxx. " and pickup whatever follows it
      and put it into another string?
    • markev_123
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2004
        Got it!

        ($str1, $stri2) = split(/Xxxxxx. /, $L, 2);

        --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "markev_123" <markev_123@y...>