installing perl project in windows.

  • Narayanan
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 25, 2004
      Hai All,
      I have installed Active-perl in windows and installed some CPAN
      modules using PPM command. But I am unable to install my project, in
      which i have to use the native perl installation commands (perl
      Makefile.Pl, make, make test, make install). Here i have one problem
      with make command, which cannot be executed in windows. I tried to
      install nmake or dmake. for nmake " this is not supported version"
      message, and for dmake " gmake.exe c:\perl\lib^NAME not found and cant
      be made" . Please anybody solve this.

      Narayanan.J
    • daymobrew@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 25, 2004
        --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "Narayanan"
        <shivram_narayanan@y...> wrote:

        > Hai All,
        > I have installed Active-perl in windows and installed some CPAN
        > modules using PPM command. But I am unable to install my project, in
        > which i have to use the native perl installation commands (perl
        > Makefile.Pl, make, make test, make install). Here i have one problem
        > with make command, which cannot be executed in windows. I tried to
        > install nmake or dmake. for nmake " this is not supported version"
        > message, and for dmake " gmake.exe c:\perl\lib^NAME not found and cant
        > be made" . Please anybody solve this.
        >
        > Narayanan.J

        See the ActivePerl FAQ
        http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/docs/ActivePerl/faq/Windows/ActivePerl-Winfaq9.html#How_can_I_use_modules_from_CPAN_