cpan installation problems

  • Malcolm Mill
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2004
      Hi,
      Im having problems getting some modules to install through cpan on my
      RedHat9 box.
      The modules I'm trying to install are:
      DBD::mysql
      WWW::Mechanize
      One of them returns a 'compilation impossible' message (or something
      like that) and the other returns '23% tests succeeded'.
      I don't want to force an install. Is it likely I could integrate the
      modules successfully into perl by getting the tarballs for them and
      all their dependancies from cpan and manually compiling them?
      How do I find out exactly which dependant modules I need to get to
      load a particular module?
      e.g - not just dependant modules, but dependant-dependant....etc
      modules? i.e - how do I get a list of all the installed modules in my
      version of perl so I can collate that against module dependancies?
      Thanks,
      Malcolm.