[PBML] Re: writing perl modules

  • Nikita
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 4, 2000
      Keep in mind you need wrappers, so take a look at h2xs, xsubpp, and SWIG

      O'Reilly's "Advanced Perl Programming" has an entire chapter on the subject.

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4, 2000
        > Keep in mind you need wrappers, so take a look at
        > h2xs, xsubpp, and SWIG

        Okay where can I find these?

        Frank

        =====
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 4, 2000
          Here's a guess: on your computer.
          If you didn't install them originally with the perl package (you should have
          h2xs at least), obtain it at cpan: type in the name and click "search".

          You need to be a bit more resourceful.

          > > Keep in mind you need wrappers, so take a look at
          > > h2xs, xsubpp, and SWIG
          >
          > Okay where can I find these?
          >
          > Frank
          >

          > =====
          > ICQ: 7205161
          > http://sapphire.sourceforge.net - Another X11 Window Manager
          > http://im.yahoo.com

          > Unique Valentine gifts, available now at eGroups.
          >
          > eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/perl-beginner/

        • Frank Hale
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 4, 2000
            > You need to be a bit more resourceful.

            No its not that I need to be more resourceful, its
            that since you suggested I take a look at those apps I
            figured then you should also know where to get them. I
            mean the whole point of asking a question is to find
            somebody who either knows or has done the leg work to
            find the answer. Why should I spend all my time
            looking for the answer if somebody has already figured
            it out. All I need to do is ask. This is the whole
            point of mailing lists.

            I'm sure I could find 50 tutorials on this subject if
            I searched for them. The fact is somebody might have
            already read a really good one and can point it to me
            before I read all 50. Get it? Work smarter not harder!

            Frank

            =====
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 4, 2000
              All perl modules are centralized at cpan.org.