Re: [PBML] hi all

  • Nicck_par
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 4, 2004
      I have already mentioned long before...!!!

      Actually I m trying to open some binary file which is a image sofware in COFF format. and I want to get the symbols inside it. I am new to perl so i havent try out any option but want to try out someting intially with someones help....!!!! if I can get initial idea i can look forther...!!!

      Bye
      Nikunj.

      Paul Archer <tigger@...> wrote:
      3:45pm, nikunj wrote:

      > hi all...!!!!
      >
      > I am looking for a logic to look into a binary file...!!!! Can
      > someone help me.

      Oh, where to start? Where to start?

      Your question can be simplified slightly to "I need help". More succinct,
      but just as useless, really.
      Try asking your question again, stating (everybody, repeat with me):
      1) what you are trying to do (in enough detail to accurately describe the
      situation)
      2) what you are having trouble with
      3) what you have already tried

      But before that, I suggest looking through the online documentation
      ("perldoc" is your friend), and going to www.perl.org (and learn.perl.org).

      I have said it before: this mailing list list is like a certain deity: we
      help those who help themselves.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      Get unlimited calls to

      U.S./Canada

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 5, 2004
        --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, Nicck_par <nicck_par@y...> wrote:
        > I have already mentioned long before...!!!
        >
        > Actually I m trying to open some binary file which is a image
        sofware in COFF format. and I want to get the symbols inside it. I am
        new to perl so i havent try out any option but want to try out
        someting intially with someones help....!!!! if I can get initial idea
        i can look forther...!!!

        > Bye
        > Nikunj.
        >
        > Paul Archer <tigger@i...> wrote:
        > 3:45pm, nikunj wrote:
        >

        > > hi all...!!!!
        > >
        > > I am looking for a logic to look into a binary file...!!!! Can
        > > someone help me.
        > >
        > Oh, where to start? Where to start?
        >
        > Your question can be simplified slightly to "I need help". More
        succinct,
        > but just as useless, really.
        > Try asking your question again, stating (everybody, repeat with me):
        > 1) what you are trying to do (in enough detail to accurately
        describe the
        > situation)
        > 2) what you are having trouble with
        > 3) what you have already tried
        >
        > But before that, I suggest looking through the online documentation
        > ("perldoc" is your friend), and going to www.perl.org (and
        learn.perl.org).

        > I have said it before: this mailing list list is like a certain
        deity: we
        > help those who help themselves.
        >

        > binary file which is a image sofware in COFF format. and I
        > want to get the symbols inside it.
        You didn't mention this in your original post.
        I've changed the Subject because 'hi all' doesn't summarize your
        question at all (and it should). I read this group on the web and only
        look at posts with subjects that interest me or that I feel I can
        provide answers to. [I don't know why I'm reading this - bored?]

        I went to http://search.cpan.org and entered "COFF".
        It returned:
        http://search.cpan.org/~autrijus/Win32-Exe-0.08/lib/Win32/Exe.pm
        Might be useful.