hi all

  • nikunj
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 4, 2004
      hi all...!!!!

      I am looking for a logic to look into a binary file...!!!! Can
      someone help me.

      Bye,
      Nicck.
    • Paul Archer
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 4, 2004
        3:45pm, nikunj wrote:

        > hi all...!!!!
        >
        > I am looking for a logic to look into a binary file...!!!! Can
        > someone help me.

        Oh, where to start? Where to start?

        Your question can be simplified slightly to "I need help". More succinct,
        but just as useless, really.
        Try asking your question again, stating (everybody, repeat with me):
        1) what you are trying to do (in enough detail to accurately describe the
        situation)
        2) what you are having trouble with
        3) what you have already tried

        But before that, I suggest looking through the online documentation
        ("perldoc" is your friend), and going to www.perl.org (and learn.perl.org).

        I have said it before: this mailing list list is like a certain deity: we
        help those who help themselves.
      • Nicck_par
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 4, 2004
          I have already mentioned long before...!!!

          Actually I m trying to open some binary file which is a image sofware in COFF format. and I want to get the symbols inside it. I am new to perl so i havent try out any option but want to try out someting intially with someones help....!!!! if I can get initial idea i can look forther...!!!

          Bye
          Nikunj.

          Paul Archer <tigger@...> wrote:
          3:45pm, nikunj wrote:

          > hi all...!!!!
          >
          > I am looking for a logic to look into a binary file...!!!! Can
          > someone help me.

          Oh, where to start? Where to start?

          Your question can be simplified slightly to "I need help". More succinct,
          but just as useless, really.
          Try asking your question again, stating (everybody, repeat with me):
          1) what you are trying to do (in enough detail to accurately describe the
          situation)
          2) what you are having trouble with
          3) what you have already tried

          But before that, I suggest looking through the online documentation
          ("perldoc" is your friend), and going to www.perl.org (and learn.perl.org).

          I have said it before: this mailing list list is like a certain deity: we
          help those who help themselves.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          Get unlimited calls to

          U.S./Canada

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 5, 2004
            --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, Nicck_par <nicck_par@y...> wrote:
            > I have already mentioned long before...!!!
            >
            > Actually I m trying to open some binary file which is a image
            sofware in COFF format. and I want to get the symbols inside it. I am
            new to perl so i havent try out any option but want to try out
            someting intially with someones help....!!!! if I can get initial idea
            i can look forther...!!!

            > Bye
            > Nikunj.
            >
            > Paul Archer <tigger@i...> wrote:
            > 3:45pm, nikunj wrote:
            >

            > > hi all...!!!!
            > >
            > > I am looking for a logic to look into a binary file...!!!! Can
            > > someone help me.
            > >
            > Oh, where to start? Where to start?
            >
            > Your question can be simplified slightly to "I need help". More
            succinct,
            > but just as useless, really.
            > Try asking your question again, stating (everybody, repeat with me):
            > 1) what you are trying to do (in enough detail to accurately
            describe the
            > situation)
            > 2) what you are having trouble with
            > 3) what you have already tried
            >
            > But before that, I suggest looking through the online documentation
            > ("perldoc" is your friend), and going to www.perl.org (and
            learn.perl.org).

            > I have said it before: this mailing list list is like a certain
            deity: we
            > help those who help themselves.
            >

            > binary file which is a image sofware in COFF format. and I
            > want to get the symbols inside it.
            You didn't mention this in your original post.
            I've changed the Subject because 'hi all' doesn't summarize your
            question at all (and it should). I read this group on the web and only
            look at posts with subjects that interest me or that I feel I can
            provide answers to. [I don't know why I'm reading this - bored?]

            I went to http://search.cpan.org and entered "COFF".
            It returned:
            http://search.cpan.org/~autrijus/Win32-Exe-0.08/lib/Win32/Exe.pm
            Might be useful.