PERL GD MODULE

  • Fraser Baker
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2004
      Hi:

      I am deep into building a website using PERL and need to install a graphics
      module called GD. The platform that GD is prepared for is unix, and I am
      using w2k. There are several additional libraries also prepared for unix
      that need to be installed. I can't figure the installation out.

      This is a link to the module I want to install.

      http://www.boutell.com/gd/manual2.0.28.html

      Anyone out there who can help me?

      Fraser
    • Fraser Baker

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 5, 2004
          You'd better work using GD's implementation for Perl, GD.pm by Lincoln
          Stein (http://search.cpan.org/~lds/GD-2.16/GD.pm), or GD::Graph by
          Martien Verbruggen
          (http://search.cpan.org/author/MVERB/GDGraph-1.43/Graph.pm), whichever
          suits you best.

          I could not find any of them under PPM on ActivePerl, so you may
          probably need to install it by downloading the sources:

          GD (http://search.cpan.org/src/LDS/GD-2.16/GD.pm)
          GD::Graph (http://search.cpan.org/src/MVERB/GDGraph-1.43/Graph.pm)

          AFAIK, the original GD from Boutell is platform independent, written in
          C. For Windows you need to get a compiler, which is not always
          available, hence the better solution of getting the Perl packages
          directly.

          Hope it helped.

          Rex