Enter info after seeing certain prompt

  • Jonathan Chen
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2004
      Hello all,

      I am wondering how I would go about writing a perl program where it
      would automatically enter a data when specific prompts shows up. I'm
      trying to do write a perl program where it would ssh from one linux
      system to another and when prompted for password, perl would enter
      that one in. I sure do not want the password saved in the program
      itself but would be saved first once the program starts.

      Once saved, the program will later enter those passwords in when
      seeing the line for entering the password.

      Thanks for any help you can give. I tried to think of a way in BASH
      and I can not think of a solution either since I'm a beginner in both
      languages.