Re: [PBML] Next Question?

  • jimcinlexky
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 26, 2004
      So would that be:

      use Crypt::SSLeay;

      I am running on Windows so the concept of getting a module (vs a
      Linux Machine) is different. I guess what I am saying is, do I have
      to install anything or is it already there? Or do I just need the
      line above in the program.

      Thanks for all the help!

      Really good stuff!

      Jim C

      --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, Erik Tank <erik@j...> wrote:
      > The module that you need is: Crypt::SSLeay
      >
      > Erik Tank
      >
      > Dreaming about Providence
      > And whether mice or men have second tries
      > Maybe we've been living with our eyes half open
      > Maybe we're bent and broken, broken
      > We were meant to live for so much more
      > Meant to Live - Switchfoot

      > > jimcinlexky> This works and I get the HTML returned and can
      parse it but if I
      > > jimcinlexky> comment out the http:// line and use the line below
      it, I fail the
      > > jimcinlexky> get. I can't seem to find a reference online to
      explain or even
      > > jimcinlexky> give an example of a secure get vs a non-secure get.
      > >
      > > You mean the https get? Do you have the right *extra* modules
      > > installed to deal with an SSL connection? If they aren't
      installed,
      > > you don't get https protocol. See the README in the LWP
      distribution.

    • Erik Tank
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 26, 2004
        To find out if you already have it you can type the following on the
        command prompt:
        perl -e "use Crypt::SSLeay"
        This should work on windows too.

        If you get an error message then you need to install the module. It is
        probably part of the ActiveState's ppm program (to execute it simply
        type ppm on the command prompt). If it is not support by ActiveState
        then I don't know how you would install it - Sorry.

        jimcinlexky wrote:
        > So would that be:
        >
        > use Crypt::SSLeay;
        >
        > I am running on Windows so the concept of getting a module (vs a
        > Linux Machine) is different. I guess what I am saying is, do I have
        > to install anything or is it already there? Or do I just need the
        > line above in the program.
        >
        > Thanks for all the help!
        >
        > Really good stuff!
        >
        > Jim C
        >
        > --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, Erik Tank <erik@j...> wrote:
        >
        >>The module that you need is: Crypt::SSLeay
        >>
        >>Erik Tank
        >>
        >>Dreaming about Providence
        >>And whether mice or men have second tries
        >>Maybe we've been living with our eyes half open
        >>Maybe we're bent and broken, broken
        >>We were meant to live for so much more
        >> Meant to Live - Switchfoot

        >>>jimcinlexky> This works and I get the HTML returned and can
        >
        > parse it but if I
        >
        >>>jimcinlexky> comment out the http:// line and use the line below
        >
        > it, I fail the
        >
        >>>jimcinlexky> get. I can't seem to find a reference online to
        >
        > explain or even
        >
        >>>jimcinlexky> give an example of a secure get vs a non-secure get.
        >>>
        >>>You mean the https get? Do you have the right *extra* modules
        >>>installed to deal with an SSL connection? If they aren't
        >
        > installed,
        >
        >>>you don't get https protocol. See the README in the LWP
        >
        > distribution.

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Erik Tank
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 26, 2004
          Actually I just tested it and you can run the CPAN installer on windows.
          On the command line type:
          perl -MCPAN -e shell

          Of course you also need OpenSSL installed on the computer for the module
          to work.

          Erik Tank wrote:
          > To find out if you already have it you can type the following on the
          > command prompt:
          > perl -e "use Crypt::SSLeay"
          > This should work on windows too.
          >
          > If you get an error message then you need to install the module. It is
          > probably part of the ActiveState's ppm program (to execute it simply
          > type ppm on the command prompt). If it is not support by ActiveState
          > then I don't know how you would install it - Sorry.
          >
          > Erik Tank
          >
          > Dreaming about Providence
          > And whether mice or men have second tries
          > Maybe we've been living with our eyes half open
          > Maybe we're bent and broken, broken
          > We were meant to live for so much more
          > Meant to Live - Switchfoot
          >
          > jimcinlexky wrote:
          >
          >>So would that be:
          >>
          >>use Crypt::SSLeay;
          >>
          >>I am running on Windows so the concept of getting a module (vs a
          >>Linux Machine) is different. I guess what I am saying is, do I have
          >>to install anything or is it already there? Or do I just need the
          >>line above in the program.
          >>
          >>Thanks for all the help!
          >>
          >>Really good stuff!
          >>
          >>Jim C
          >>
          >>--- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, Erik Tank <erik@j...> wrote:
          >>

          >>>The module that you need is: Crypt::SSLeay
          >>>
          >>>Erik Tank
          >>>
          >>>Dreaming about Providence
          >>>And whether mice or men have second tries
          >>>Maybe we've been living with our eyes half open
          >>>Maybe we're bent and broken, broken
          >>>We were meant to live for so much more
          >>> Meant to Live - Switchfoot

          >>parse it but if I

          >>it, I fail the

          >>explain or even

          >>installed,

          >>distribution.

          >>Yahoo! Groups Links

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • jimcinlexky
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 26, 2004
            Erik,

            The command

            perl -e "use Crypt::SSLeay"

            failed with the following message:

            Can't locate Crypt/SSLeay.pm in @INC (@INC contains: c:/Perl/lib
            c:/Perl/site/lib .) at -e line 1.

            Hmm.
            I will go and try to load the a module for this.
            Thanks, Jim C
          • jimcinlexky
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 26, 2004
              Rokay!

              Looks like I need to go package hunting!

              Thanks, Jim C