Re: Automated Logging

  • daymobrew@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2004
      --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "Neelesh" <neelesh_csd@y...> wrote:
      > Hi all,
      > Can a perl script be written which would automatically sign me in my
      > Yahoo Account?
      > Still better would be a scenario where i write down my yahoo user-id
      > and password in a file, and then write a perl script which would
      > read up the user-id and password from the file, log me in and start
      > the browser displaying my mailbox.
      >
      > Am I expecting too much? Can this be done just using batch
      > scripting ( on DOS) or bash (on Linux)?
      >
      > --Neelesh

      How about signing into Yahoo! Mail manually and allowing it store your
      login cookie? Next time you launch the browser and go to
      http://mail.yahoo.com it will open your mailbox.

      Using Yahoo! Messenger (or Gaim) it will pop up a window to tell you
      that you have new email and you can click on the 'Go to mail' button.

      What are you trying to achieve here? Less typing?