Re: Calling a subroutine defined in another script file

  • Allan Dystrup
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 7, 2004
      --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "ruchika_27" <ruchika_27@y...>
      http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.8.4/pod/perlsub.html
      http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.8.4/pod/perlmod.html (See also...)

      > How do we defines and use classes in Perl scripts?
      http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.8.4/pod/perltoot.html

      Beware the overhead of working with classes in Perl -- i'm referring
      to the syntactical scaffolding of indirection, not the performance
      characteristics. Unless there are some clear inherent inheritance &
      overloading structure in your module complex, it's easier && more
      clean to base your design on the basic Perl module facility -- IMHO.

      > Appreciate your help.
      > Ruchika

      BTW, why not use a utility like Make or Ant, possibily combined with
      a Cron scheduler, for scripting automated builds? Just wondering...

      best regards
      allan dystrup