style problems

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2004
      Hello,
      I'm tinkering with an existing cgi. I was attempting to add a time
      stamp by adding this line to the top ... my $now = localtime time; and
      later adding $now here:
      print(GRAFFITI "$new_entry\nposted at $now.\n-----\n") if
      ($new_entry_valid);

      Now what I have not figured out is how to format the time. I'd assume
      this formatting will need to be appended with the dat file. I just
      want to style the date a little, maybe grey it out a little. All it
      needs is a <div class="graffiti_time">$now</div>

      I tried this:
      $new_entry .= qq{<div class="graffiti_time">$now</div>};
      with no success...

      Once I get this working, I'll tackle a pretty date format. I should be
      able to handle that one.

      If you want to see it in action, http://blog.tapdig.com , "Graffiti"
      at bottom right.

      Thank you in advance, if you have time for this sort of thing. My perl
      skill is slight.