Re: [PBML] What should I search in perldoc for ignoring a leading 0 in numbers

  • Alan
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 26, 2004
      Sam Munzani wrote:

      >Raymond Raj wrote:
      >

      >>use "int" function for type casting
      >>$var = int $var;
      >>
      >>it'll ignore leading zero
      >>

      >Just curious, if I wouldn't have access to this mailing list with you
      >experts, how would I find an answer.

      (just for fun) (a why not) (a.k.a. 1 1/2 cents from me, a newb, follows).

      Make a mistake. Make several, even. I just did so. I entered

      perldoc -f

      in an effort to view a listing of all functions. then, error message
      but also reported try: perldoc perldoc

      I did so. But, here at this point, it didn't tell me about: perldoc perl

      Since I knew about perldoc perl I did so. Perused a bit, scrolled
      down. Noticed perlfunc. perldoc perlfunc
      Numeric functions
      "abs", "atan2", "cos", "exp", "hex", "int",
      ----
      perldoc -q int
      perldoc -f int
      --
      ask-on-list, appendix in back of book that list functions, begin to
      learn the C programming language which is much more typed than Perl - if

      --
      Alan.
      print "Just a crazy newbie";