Re: [PBML] HTML Parser as prereq for libwww

  • Alan
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 21, 2004
      robjacobs_here wrote:

      >--- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, Alan <acelists@c...> wrote:
      >

      >>R J wrote:
      >>

      >>>I installed everything for libwww and it comes back that I need
      >>>

      >HTML Parser 3.33 not 2.26. First of all I installed 3.36. Second, I
      >can't even find 3.33. Any suggestions/insights?

      [ snip the ponderings of two perl versions and/or incomplete install as
      possibly the problem ]

      >Great Alan, thanks. I think we may be on to something. OK, it is a
      >*nix. What about this other extra added piece of info (light starts
      >dimmly showing): I am not installing in root. While I can navigate
      >there in sftp/ftp, I can't upload there. So I guess, the next
      >question is that for Makefile.PL, how do I get it to look in my new
      >dir and not the normal module dir?

      It sounds like you are logged on remotely as a user, not as the root
      account whilst you had installed the HTML Parser 3.36 likely did so into
      your /home/username rather than where the library normally kept when
      installed as root.

      perl -v

      perl -V

      from output of those command, what is the version of perl?

      I'm not sure of what all is needed for this type of a situation that you
      describe, in order for it to work. There's paths inside of an array,
      the @INC array which may or may not be a part of it. (may/may-not need
      to add a path onto the front of it so it looks there first before
      looking in the other, the standard place of where library kept).

      This issue has been exchanged/written about previously on this mailing
      list. If you haven't yet, you might try searching the archives.

      If you find something helpful from that, please share the link to it
      here as I like to learn more as well. I learn bits and pieces of Perl
      at a time. Often times, too much too soon flew by and it went over my
      head. So I just keep coming back. After a while, it is a smaller and a
      lesser fly by that happens :-)

      --
      Alan.