Re: [PBML] question about @ and Files

  • Luca Ferrari
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5 7:13 AM
      On Thursday 05 August 2004 15:49 Luinrandir Hernsen's cat walking on the
      keyboard wrote:

      > the info to the file is written like this
      > axe,sox,dog,fox,
      > can I read this from the file as an array?
      > @A=<FileName>;
      > I am also looking for info on homemade databases.
      >
      > I can't use SQL or other ready made database.

      You can surely convert into an array:
      $line = <FILENAME>;
      @A = split(",",$line);

      Luca

      --
      Luca Ferrari,
      fluca1978@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 5 9:34 AM
        Thank you thank you thank you...
        it's so nice to get an answer, with an example!
        thank you for your polite and wonderfull response.
        Lou
        keyboard wrote:

        > the info to the file is written like this
        > axe,sox,dog,fox,
        > can I read this from the file as an array?
        > @A=<FileName>;
        > I am also looking for info on homemade databases.
        >
        > I can't use SQL or other ready made database.

        You can surely convert into an array:
        $line = <FILENAME>;
        @A = split(",",$line);

        Luca

        --
        Luca Ferrari,
        fluca1978@...

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Jenda Krynicky
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 5 11:20 AM
          From: "Luinrandir Hernsen" <Luinrandir@...>
          > the info to the file is written like this
          > axe,sox,dog,fox,
          > can I read this from the file as an array?
          > @A=<FileName>;
          > I am also looking for info on homemade databases.
          >
          > I can't use SQL or other ready made database.

          Why not? You may use for example DBD::SQLite. There the whole SQL
          database is built into the module. So you do not need to install any
          SQL server or anything, just install DBI and DBD::SQLite and you are
          set.

          Jenda
          -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery