Perl threads crash perl

  • OkIDaN Azeri
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2004
      When i tested my IIS vulnerability checker, it works perfecly, but when I added multitasking support, it starts good, bit by bit cpu noise increases then perl crases with unknown error. I didnt use fork(). I used builtin Threads support with async{}. I dont want to make the code public before first release so ill tell some details, if it wont help i will email some of you who really wants to help the code. So here it is, the main scripts gets all the vulnerability check, ie vulnerable file checks from a file and tries them one by one on particular IIS webserver. Ony by one is really slow, so I implemented threads. As you may know if it is checking the webserver it surely will send HTTP requests for each vulnerable file. I use IO::Socket only, not HTTP support modules.

      As far as i can guess, the reason for crash is most probably not in the code, but in the perl, perl threads support particularly and how interacts with my OS - windows 98.

      Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

      Respect, OkIDaN.