Re: [PBML] Re: Get .exe or .zip file from the server via perl script

  • Dave Gray
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 26, 2004
      > *I need to get a bunch of files via perl script*. Because there are a
      > lot of files I can't get them manually, I will spend many daysto get them.

      Check out rsync:
      <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=rsync&btnG=Google+Search>

      Should do what you need. If you want it to run automatically, set a
      cron job, or consult your local win32/cygwin expert on how to schedule
      a command-line job.

      Alternatively (since this happens to be a perl list), you could use
      the LWP module, perhaps with Basic Auth for a slightly more secure
      solution (assuming these files shouldn't be publicly accessible):
      <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=perl+LWP+%22basic+auth%22&btnG=Google+Search>

      Let us know what you end up doing.

      Cheers,
      Dave