Installation Problem

  • namon20
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2004
      Hi

      I am new to PERL programming and I am having some real problem to see
      my out put pf perl script in browser ...

      I am using windows 2000 machine

      I download perl from active perl and insatlled it in d:\Perl .

      OS is in C drive

      I created myperl.pl containing following code and save that to D:\perl\bin

      #!/usr/bin/perl
      print "It works! ";

      Now I go to command prompt at d:\perl\bin\
      and run my program at command prompt by perl myperl.pl
      ..its displays the out put ...

      But I want to display that out put in browser ....What I should do ...
      I have IIS from where I run my ASP files ....What I did that I created
      MyPerl folder in Inetpub\wwwroot and copied the above perl file
      conatining only 2 lines of code there but when I browse my perl file
      from there ...it does not process it and just display the whole
      contents of file ...whilw when I browse ASP file ..it works properly
      .... Do I need to install somw component or do I need to make some
      change in directory path ..How I can make IIS to process my perl files ...

      Looking foeard to hear from you people ...

      Thanks in Advance

      Regards

      Namon

      http://www.hftonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14781