Re: [PBML] $_[0].....

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3, 2004
      >>>>> "anguilla1969" == anguilla1969 <anguilla1969@...> writes:

      anguilla1969> You can also using "shift" when assigning variables passed to a subroutine. for example:
      anguilla1969> sub myRoutine () {
      anguilla1969> $arg1 = $_[0];
      anguilla1969> $arg2 = $_[1];
      anguilla1969> $arg3 = $_[2];
      anguilla1969> }

      anguilla1969> is the same as ...

      anguilla1969> sub myRoutine () {
      anguilla1969> $arg1 = shift;
      anguilla1969> $arg2 = shift;
      anguilla1969> $arg3 = shift;
      anguilla1969> }

      Not exactly. Try using @_ to mean "the remaining arguments" in
      the first way vs the second way. Only the second way works. That's
      why I generally do that now. It's cleaner, and lets me get at the
      "rest" of the args at the end.

    • Allan Dystrup
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 9, 2004
        Oops!

        I wasn't aware this was an ILLEGAL copy - i thought it was
        a way to hook people on buying the 'hard copy' version...

        sorry /
        allan

        --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, merlyn@s... wrote:

        > Allan> Take a look at:
        > Allan> http://[[illegal copy of Perl CD-ROM]]
        >
        > Please do not advertise pirated copies of the O'Reilly CD-ROMs here.
        > That offends me greatly. You take dollars directly from my pocket
        > when you do that.
        >
        > Please send such URLs to infringement@o... for enforcement action.

        777 0095
        > <merlyn@s...> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>