PERL installation on win32 didn't work

  • Erwin Purnomo
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 29, 2004
      hi Im new to perl, Im trying to install perl on win2000 advanced
      server but it it got this error messages when triying to access .pl
      file from my browser
      Im using Internet Explorer 6 SP1, ActivePERL 5.6.1 and IIS 5.0
      What Im supposed to do?
      CGI Error
      The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete
      set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

      Hello from ActivePerl!

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 30, 2004
        Try using this as first output line of your script:

        print "Content-Type:text/html\n\n";

        Marco

        At 30/06/04 02.56, you wrote:
        >hi Im new to perl, Im trying to install perl on win2000 advanced
        >server but it it got this error messages when triying to access .pl
        >file from my browser
        >Im using Internet Explorer 6 SP1, ActivePERL 5.6.1 and IIS 5.0
        >What Im supposed to do?
        >CGI Error
        >The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete
        >set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:
        >

        >Hello from ActivePerl!

      • Erwinchow²
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 30, 2004
          It worked, thanks Dreassoft

          At 30/06/04 02.56, you wrote:
          >hi Im new to perl, Im trying to install perl on win2000 advanced
          >server but it it got this error messages when triying to access .pl
          >file from my browser
          >Im using Internet Explorer 6 SP1, ActivePERL 5.6.1 and IIS 5.0
          >What Im supposed to do?
          >CGI Error
          >The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete
          >set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:
          >

          >Hello from ActivePerl!

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Alan
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 4, 2004
            Hi,

            Why, when the near the bottom below sub routine is added in, brings a
            global (scope, evidently) error as it reports that the @messg is used
            only once? Also, the sub routine does not print any data, why not?

            I want to end up with a numerically sorted (get that hashref of msgnum
            => size into a sorted order, sorted by msgnum).

            But, so far, I went into array because it maybe easier to sort an array
            (at least for me, the Noob). And, I WILL use apop instead of login when
            I learn some more.

            Want to delete all mail that is a week old or older is the end purpose.

            The next works:

            #!/usr/bin/perl -w
            use strict;
            use Net::POP3;

            my $pop = Net::POP3->new('mail.cwnet.com');
            $pop = Net::POP3->new('mail.cwnet.com', Timeout => 60);

            my $username = "username";
            my $password = "password";
            if ($pop->login($username, $password) > 0) {
            my $msgnums = $pop->list; # hashref of msgnum => size
            foreach my $msgnum (keys %$msgnums) {
            # my $msg = $pop->get($msgnum);
            my $msg = $pop->top($msgnum, 1);

            my $id_num = "Msgnum: $msgnum\n";
            my @messg = @$msg;
            unshift( @messg, $id_num );

            print "~~\t~~";
            print @messg;
            $pop->quit;

            But that prints the entire header. Instead, from a header, I want to
            print which message number it is, followed by the Date: line

            Here's an example of the desired print, for message number 2:

            2, Wed, 30 Jun 2004 00:56:20 -0000
            --------------------
            So, as next, I added in a sub routine and called the sub:
            ----------

            PrintList(@messg);
            }

            $pop->quit;
            # --- above script ends at this point here -------

            sub PrintList
            {
            # Assign parameter to a local variable
            my (@lines) = @_;

            # Declare local variables
            my ($date, $line, $id_digit);

            # Check each line in the header
            foreach $line (@lines)
            {
            if($line =~ m/^Msgnum: (.*)/)
            {
            # get what we need
            $id_digit = $1;
            # $id_digit = substr($from, 0, 39);
            }
            elsif( $line =~ m/^Date: (.*)/)
            {
            # get what we need
            $date = $1;
            $date = substr($date, 0, 29);
            }

            last if( defined($date) && defined($id_digit) );
            }
            printf "IdNum: %-40s Date: %s\n", $id_digit, $date;

            Alan.