perl, SSI with apache

  • vinay mysore
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2004
      Hi,
      I am not able to run SSI on apache webserver, perl/
      cgi scripts run perfectly but i am not able to run
      SSI. i am using windows 2000 and have all the
      privilages tat r required to run the server. I have
      incorporated the following lines in the config file.
      it would be nice if anyone can help me out with this.
      Options +Includes
      AddType text/html .shtml
      AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

      http://messenger.yahoo.com/
    • daymobrew@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
        --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, vinay mysore <vinay_ma@y...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        > I am not able to run SSI on apache webserver, perl/
        > cgi scripts run perfectly but i am not able to run
        > SSI. i am using windows 2000 and have all the
        > privilages tat r required to run the server. I have
        > incorporated the following lines in the config file.
        > it would be nice if anyone can help me out with this.
        > Options +Includes
        > AddType text/html .shtml
        > AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

        Has the server been restarted to re-read the update httpd.conf?
        What errors are you getting? Are you seeing the SSI directives instead
        of them being parsed?
        Any messages in the error_log?
        Have you read
        http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/ssi.html

        Bit of repeated info at:
        http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#ssi-part-i

        If you have enbabled the server-info (mod_info) you can read about the
        server configuration. This is a good way to see whether the httpd.conf
        file has been read as expected:
        <Location /server-info>
        SetHandler server-info
        Order deny,allow