Looking for some Win32 help and answers.

  • jon_hight
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2004
      Hi all,
      I am just starting with Perl, and I am running into a few problems. I
      installed the Win32 Perl source from Activestate(I hope good) and it
      installed properly.
      I then went looking for a GUI and found OPEN Perl IDE, a open source
      code GUI application and began messing around with it.
      The problem is whenever I put in simple code, like from a book I have
      for "Hello World" and then Compile it, it gives me a:

      Entering open perl debugger, connecting to port 3957...connected.
      > Debug session terminated

      It does that even for samples that came with the OPEN IDE. But if I
      go into the folder where that sample is located anddouble click it my
      Command window opens and it runs fine.
      Does anyone have any suggestions of something I am missing maybe? or
      a better GUI?
      My version of Perl is 5.6 by the way. Im wondering if I also maybe
      didnt setup the Perl Installation properly.

      If someone could walk me through this so I can understand what it is
      trying to do, that would be great, I have a few questions I cant find
      in FAQs.

      Thanks for any help.

      -J