RE: [PBML] Amalgamating the functionality of two scripts

  • Bob Showalter
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2004
      Odhiambo Washington wrote:
      > Hiya,
      >
      > I have two Perl scripts whose functionality I'd like to amalgamate.
      > I've been using the first script to send mass mail to our users.
      > It was fine for sending text only e-mail, but now I want to also
      > send attachments.

      I couldn't download your scripts (your server appears to be trying to
      execute them), so I'm not sure if your problem is how to send attachments or
      how to combine two scripts.

      If it's the former, MIME::Lite on CPAN is a good module for creating email
      with attachments. See http://search.cpan.org/~yves/MIME-Lite-3.01/

      > Please flame me if you can,

      Nobody gets flamed here.
    • Odhiambo Washington
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2004
        * Bob Showalter <bob_showalter@...> [20040503 17:48]: wrote:
        > Odhiambo Washington wrote:
        > > Hiya,
        > >
        > > I have two Perl scripts whose functionality I'd like to amalgamate.
        > > I've been using the first script to send mass mail to our users.
        > > It was fine for sending text only e-mail, but now I want to also
        > > send attachments.
        >
        > I couldn't download your scripts (your server appears to be trying to
        > execute them), so I'm not sure if your problem is how to send attachments or
        > how to combine two scripts.

        How to send attachments is not the problem. I played with MIME-Lite and
        saw how it is done, albeit in a simple way. What I want is to combine
        the functionality in those two scripts as earlier mentioned.

        I have renamed the scripts to .txt so that they are easily viewed.
        sorry for my daftness in leaving the scripts with the .pl extension.

        Again - http://ns2.wananchi.com/~wash/mass-mail/

        -Wash

        |\ _,,,---,,_ | Odhiambo Washington <wash@...>
        Zzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ | Wananchi Online Ltd. www.wananchi.com
        |,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-'| Tel: +254 20 313985-9 +254 20 313922
        '---''(_/--' `-'\_) | GSM: +254 722 743223 +254 733 744121
        "I can't complain, but sometimes I still do."
        -- Joe Walsh