Amalgamating the functionality of two scripts

  • Odhiambo Washington
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2004
      Hiya,

      I have two Perl scripts whose functionality I'd like to amalgamate.
      I've been using the first script to send mass mail to our users.
      It was fine for sending text only e-mail, but now I want to also
      send attachments. I am not the type that can be called a programmer,
      unless it's being used in the context of an abuse ;-)
      So I have googled and seen how things are done, but I don't know how
      I would combine the functionalities myself.
      Please flame me if you can, but help me to get these two into a single
      script.

      So what I would like to do is incorporate script2.pl into script1.pl
      with modification.

      The resulting script should ask whoever is executing it if he intends
      to include an attachment.

      (i) if ans == no, then continue editing and proceed to send.
      (i) if ans == yes, then ask for the full path to the attachment then
      load it once the editing is over, then send.

      The scripts are here: http://ns2.wananchi.com/~wash/mass-mail/
      http://ns2.wananchi.com/~wash/mass-mail/

      Thanking you in advance for your help, critique, comments, flames.

      -Wash

      --
      |\ _,,,---,,_ | Odhiambo Washington <wash@...>
      |,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-'| Tel: +254 20 313985-9 +254 20 313922
      '---''(_/--' `-'\_) | GSM: +254 722 743223 +254 733 744121
      There's no easy quick way out, we're gonna have to live through our
      whole lives, win, lose, or draw.
      -- Walt Kelly