script to send out mail with MIME attachment

  • Odhiambo Washington
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2004
      Hello Perl-ists,

      I am looking for a script that I can use to send multipart e-mails.
      Since e-mail has been around long enough, I believe it's possible
      I don't have to reinvent any wheels.
      Would it happen that someone can point me to such a script.
      Maybe it's not so simple, with the different types of MIME parts, so
      I wouldn't mind some lecture on this.

      Thanks in advance.

      -Wash

      +======================================================================+
      |\ _,,,---,,_ | Odhiambo Washington <wash@...>
      Zzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ | Wananchi Online Ltd. www.wananchi.com
      |,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-'| Tel: +254 20 313985-9 +254 20 313922
      '---''(_/--' `-'\_) | GSM: +254 722 743223 +254 733 744121
      +======================================================================+
      "What is the robbing of a bank compared to the FOUNDING of a bank?"
      -- Bertold Brecht
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2004

        Odhiambo> Hello Perl-ists,
        Odhiambo> I am looking for a script that I can use to send multipart e-mails.
        Odhiambo> Since e-mail has been around long enough, I believe it's possible
        Odhiambo> I don't have to reinvent any wheels.
        Odhiambo> Would it happen that someone can point me to such a script.
        Odhiambo> Maybe it's not so simple, with the different types of MIME parts, so
        Odhiambo> I wouldn't mind some lecture on this.

        Are you aware of "search.cpan.org"? Typing "MIME" into the search
        box will give you a number of useful modules. MIME::Simple is probably
        the easiest for sending MIME email.