Checking emails :-

  • gordonisnz
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2004
      Here is a copy of something I sent to the forum on my websites ISP..

      BASICALLY, I want to
      :- Prevent 'certain' emails from being downloaded via a pop session
      (Eudora or something)..
      :- only 'scan' the 'un-checked' emails...
      (Ie, so you dont check the same emails over & over again, - might as
      well skip over them...)

      - The user of the pop account can control the criteria etc
      (I can do that part..)

      - I just need to know how to mark an email (see below)

      ======

      Scanning Email...

      Hi there

      Ive got CGI scripts that Scan a pop account & give feedback re
      (whatever the script does).. - IE reading an email header / body etc..

      Ive not used / done this in the past (or present), but I know that you
      can mark an email as 'read' / reset it to 'not read' via CGI/Perl
      scripts..

      QUESTION:-

      Is there another on/off switch we can use / utilise APART from the
      'read' (as in "has been read) indicator, that we can turn on (or off)
      & prevent that email from being downloaded - when a person uses POP
      access - via Eudora (or whatever)...

      IE -

      :- To leave it ON the server
      :- Leave it as "un-read" AND
      :- Stops that email from being downloaded - in the regular pop session...

      Does that make sense ?

      OK -

      SECOND PART OF SCRIPT..

      Is there a way (as above) to scan

      :- ALL other emails NOT marked as above

      OR

      :- ONLY those emails - marked as above.....

      Hope this makes sense