How to add script perl in crontab !!!!!

  • rictus res
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2004
      Hello everybody.....

      I made a script in perl to review the memory in a
      server Linux Red Hat 8.

      I added in crontab with crontab -e like a user not
      like root.

      Then the crontab is running every 5 min. but it
      doesn't run the script perl.

      The job is like this into the crontab of user:

      0-59/5 * * * * * /home/monitor/scripts/ck.pl

      Someone have any idea ?????

      Thanks.

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
    • Emanuel G Calso
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2004
        did you do a
        $ chmod 775 /home/monitor/scripts/ck.pl
        ?

        Better yet, you should change that entry to:
        0-59/5 * * * * * /usr/bin/perl /home/monitor/scripts/ck.pl

        HTH

        --
        eman calso
        http://www.bloodpet.tk/
        There's little in taking or giving,
        There's little in water or wine:
        This living, this living, this living,
        Was never a project of mine.
        Oh, hard is the struggle, and sparse is
        The gain of the one at the top,
        For art is a form of catharsis,
        And love is a permanent flop,
        And work is the province of cattle,
        And rest's for a clam in a shell,
        So I'm thinking of throwing the battle --
        Would you kindly direct me to hell?
        -- Dorothy Parker