Re: [PBML] Hi New to the group !!

  • essential quint
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 25, 2001
      You asked ---> Anyone in the group interested or working with Perl as tool
      for Bioinformatics? ---

      Actually, yes, I am (or at least would be).

      Am not a med student or a biologist, but I do product development in
      biomedical engineering. As an extension of my work in hardware devlopment I
      have considered using Perl for data modelling and medical informatics.

      The thing is - I am more of a design engineer than a programmer, and I only
      occasionally get to study Perl on the side for webdevelopment. I haven't
      had a chance to study Perl for any specifc applications in bioinformatics.

      May I ask what you had in mind? Forgive my ignorance, but what is it
      exactly that Perl is commonly used for as a tool in bioinformatics? Would
      seem like pattern matching, but there's probably lots more.

      Thanks.
      =)

      download! http://clk.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/