[PBML] Error message

  • James Fox
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 21, 2000
      Hi There,

      I am getting this error message which I am totally stumped by, can
      anyone help by telling me in simple terms what it means?

      CGI ERROR
      Socket object v1.7 does not match bootstrap parameter 1.5 at
      c:/perl/lib/dynaloader.pm line 188

      BEGIN failed -- compilation aborted at
      c:/perl/site/lib/mail/sendmail.pm line 66
      BEGIN failed -- compilation aborted
      c:/inetpub/wwwroot/forum2/subscribe.pl line 183

      Cheers.
      :: James Fox
      :: DJ Associates
      ::
      :: Tel- 0114 221 0525
      :: Fax- 0114 249 3450
      :: Mob- 07074 074 000
    • tomroth@wfubmc.edu
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 15, 2001
        > billbcpp@... wrote:
        >
        > Hi Group,
        >
        > I am trying to put a bulletin board up on my web site and I can't get
        > it to work. It is password protcted and the first page comes up fine
        > when there are no messages to display. But once you enter a message,
        > the script must open a file called "message lists" and update that
        > file. I keep getting an internal server error stating "permission
        > denied". Files are being opened and read with no trouble, but they
        > can't be written on, defeating my purposes. I tested the script
        > locally using Apache 1.3.14 and it worked fine. My ISP uses Pache
        > also. I also was sure to update chmod to 755 to allow the scripts to
        > be executed. Does anyone have any suggestions?

        What about the (text?) file "message lists"? I'd suggest a chmod 777 on
        that file if you haven't already.

        --
        Tom Roth • tomroth@... • tel 336.716.4493
        Wake Forest University School of Medicine